Friday, October 29, 2010

The Old Mill

It's been two years now since my grandfather passed away. At the time, I was in the midst of a film shoot and couldn't make it back to the east cost. I will always regret that I didn't come home. But in a way, it was like an alarm calling me closer to my family.

wild fairy nest

SDC12771

SDC12743

Earlier this fall my sister Amy and I spent a weekend at his house, an old 1840's gristmill which he and my grandmother crafted into a masterpiece of a home. We relaxed, soaked in the beauty, and got to work on some serious creative fun. It's hard not to feel inspired in a place like this. Mama always says the house represents the best of both her parents... grandma's artistry, grandpa's engineering and a unique combined vision. So, I can't think of a better way to honor him than by turning our creative energies toward some family collaborations of our own.

4 comments:

Eleni said...

What a lovely legacy. It's so nice that the home they made together is still in your family and you are able to spend time there. Can't wait to hear more about your family collaborations, you are a crafty bunch!

jennifer said...

what a magical place. thanks for the kind words, it was very nice to meet you too.

Anonymous said...

Micha ~

How blessed you were --- and are! I am happy that you have such wonderful memories, and are willing to share them with others.

Watona

Anonymous said...

Thank you Micha...
That was heartwarming.
Beautifully rendered

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...